The City of Camrose coordinates weekly residential waste collection to low density residential properties single family, duplex, and fourplex within City corporate limits.
Residential Weekly Waste Pickup Schedule "Interactive Map"
This service is provided by a private contractor. The current contractor is BFI Canada Inc. If you have a concern about your residential pickup, please contact BFI Canada Inc. directly at (780) 679-0409.
Progress Comes One Bag At A Time
The City's goal is to reduce residential waste by 50% from 2009 levels by 2015. The first step was the introduction of a graduated bag limit on single family, duplex and fourplex dwellings set at four containers (any combination of cans, boxes or bags) reducing to two container limit by 2013.
The number of containers to be set out for collection day shall not exceed 2 per residential unit in 2013 per collection day
, and, unless additional waste cans or bags are accompanied by an additional solid waste collection tag per additional can or bag.
Please remember to have your Waste and Compost out by 7:45 A.M. on Collection day.
Yard Waste and Limited Kitchen Organic Collection
The City of Camrose has a residential curbside Yard Waste and Limited Kitchen Organics Collection Program.
Compostable material will be collected on the same day as regular waste pick-up by a separate vehicle. There's not limit on the amount of compostable material that can be set out, as long as it is packaged properly.
The residential waste collection fees are included on the monthly utility bill from the City of Camrose at the approved rates.
Unable to Meet the Bag Limit?
Other available options:
- Utilize the Yard Waste and Limited Kitchen Organics Collection Program (see above)
- Delay collection until the following week.
- Drop off your recyclables at the Recycling Collection Depot
- Take your waste to the sanitary landfill, tipping fees in effect.
- Purchase a solid waste collection tag for $5.00 per tag available at
- City Hall, 5204-50 Avenue between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm
- Public Works 4202-51 Avenue - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm closed over noon
- Aquatic Centre, 5600-44 Avenue - Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 12pm-4pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Mirror Lake Centre, 5415-49 Avenue - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm closed over noon
For more information contact Engineering Services at 780-672-4428 or email.