The following major projects, plans and initiatives are currently being coordinated by City Planning and Development:
- Annexation: An initiative to expand the City municipal boundaries to allow for future City growth.
- Augustana Area Redevelopment Plan: The City has taken a proactive, community based approach to revitalize the Augustana neighbourhood through the preparation of an Area Redevelopment Plan. The Plan was adopted by Council on September 24, 2012.
- Cargill Area Structure Plan: Cargill Limited retained AMEC Environment & Infrasture to prepare a plan for the City of Camrose and Camrose County detailing the development of a canola crushing plant located in the County. The plan describes concepts of construction, utilities, road, rail traffic and stormwater control. To view the Area Structure Plan bylaw, click on; Bylaw #2720/12. To view the redesignation bylaw, click on Bylaw #2718/12
- Downtown Action Plan: Land Use and Development policies within the Downtown Camrose.
- East Gateway Area Structure Plan A planning study to identify a development and servicing strategy and conceptual outline plan for the "East Gateway" area east of 39 street and North of Highway 13 (48 Avenue).
- Heritage Survey & Inventory Project: Along with Heritage Collaborative Inc. and local volunteers, Fay Carlson, Lloyd Johnson and Corinna Nilson, the City has regun to record significant historic sites and cultural landscapes. Future plans will include a Heritage Advisory Board.
- Intermunicipal Development Plan: The City of Camrose and the County of Camrose have entered into an agreement to allow for orderly development of lands within a fringe area immediately outside the City municipal boundaries, while continuing the ability of the City to grow.
- Municipal Development Plan: An update to the existing Plan has been completed to ensure a vision of growth and development for our municipality. By-law# 2684/11 was passed in Council on August 22, 2011.
- Municipal Sustainability Plan: A collaborative plan for a sustainable city, looking forward to 2055.
- Secondary Suites: An alternative form of affordable housing while providing homeowners an revenue option. Funding grants are available.